Sorting in ?Batch CICS

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

Sorting in ?Batch CICS

Postby jeevae » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:50 pm

I have requirement to sort huge data(may be 3000 rows) in batch CICS.. Please let me know any efficient way to do it.,. As of now i tried to feed all the row in DB2 and extract(used auto generated unique key and task ID as key) in order by class. But the tran keeps on going down with deadlock issues.
jeevae

Re: Sorting in ?Batch CICS

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:18 pm

... in batch CICS ...
:?

OK for the beginner forum,
but a bit more clarity in Your questions will help You to get better answers
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Re: Sorting in ?Batch CICS

Postby jeevae » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Sorry for the confusion here is the details…
I have requirement to sort huge data(may be 3000 rows) in CICS(It is a CICS program with no map defined for the tran.. the tran is triggered by MQ and program runs in the CICS and post a reply message in MQ.. without user interference... Please let me know any efficient way to do it.,. As of now I tried to feed all the rows in to a DB2 table (used auto generated unique key and task ID as key for the table) and extracted using order by class. But the tran keeps on going down with deadlock issues.
jeevae

Return to CICS