Deleting CICS regions

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

Deleting CICS regions

Postby akshayshukla » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:14 am

I have got a bunch of CICS test environments which would no longer be required . Can some please let know what all steps should be carryout in order to delete the regions from the system.
akshayshukla

Re: Deleting CICS regions

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum,

If you are not the CICS System Programmer, suggest you work with this person/group.

How much do you want to delete?
Simply not starting them will leave those resources unused and available for other uses.

A bit more clarification will help someone help you.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby akshayshukla » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi Dick,

Unfortunately I am not a CICS System Programmer. However I know a team which takes care of CICS regions.

Would you please be able to let me know. What questions I should ask them or what should be my approach. Any pointer would really help me.

One more question regarding the operating/ maintenance cost of CICS region. How the cost is calculated to run/maintain a CICS region.

Akshay
akshayshukla

Postby BillyBoyo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:26 pm

You don't ask them what to do, you explain to them, in writing and in detail, with your bosse's and all interested parties' signatures, what you want done. Then they will do it.

Methods of Costing are site-specific, so you have to find out where the Costings are done at your site.
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 pm

How the cost is calculated to run/maintain a CICS region.
This is a question that varies by site. Some sites do chargeback to organizations for mainframe costs, including CICS regions, and some do not. So this question can only be answered for a given site by someone working at that site.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:07 am

Hello,

In all likelihood, you will not have the permissions/authority to actually delete CICS regions.

As BB suggested, you need to present to management and the technical group what you want done and why.
You might enlist help from the technical team about the details of what you want to do.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to CICS