3270 Bridge (DFHL3270)

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

3270 Bridge (DFHL3270)

Postby sunildivvela » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Sunil from India. I am new to this website and this is my first posting.

My query is regarding CICS 3270 Bridge. My scenario is as follows.

I have a transaction (TRN1) in CICS which is mapped to a program (PROGRAM1). This program has RECEIVE, SEND TEXT, SEND, RECEIVE, SEND, RECEIVE and SEND TEXT commands and it is a Conversational transaction.

I am trying to invoke this transaction from batch via. 3270 Bridge and capture all the outputs of SEND commands in my CICS router program and finally to Batch program.

To achieve this, I have populated 3 RECEIVE vectors in my CICS router program and invoked 3270 Bridge. I am getting output for the only 1st SEND command (which is SEND TEXT). I am not receiving any output for other 3 SEND commands. Expected BRIV-OUT's are 4. But I am receiving only 1 BRIV-OUT. I am not even sure whether other 3 SEND's are getting executed or not?

Could you please help me in giving some pointers? Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Sunil
sunildivvela

Re: 3270 Bridge (DFHL3270)

Postby Ed Goodman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:27 pm

I haven't used CICS bridge, only IMS connect and IMS MQ. What I would guess in your case is that the transaction header for the bridge has a flag field to tell it the transaction is conversational instead of pseudo-conversational. I know that's a field in the IMS headers.
Ed Goodman

Return to CICS