System Initialization Table Datasets

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

System Initialization Table Datasets

Postby MawkHawk » Fri May 16, 2014 1:10 am

Hello, everyone. Can anyone please tell me how to identify the data sets that contain the System Initialization Tables? We have multiple mainframes and CICS regions.
Thanks!
MawkHawk

Re: System Initialization Table Datasets

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Fri May 16, 2014 1:13 am

the best source for this kind of info is Your support.
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby MawkHawk » Fri May 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Gosh, thanks! Why didn't I think of that?
MawkHawk

Postby dick scherrer » Fri May 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum,

As most mainframe environments are customized (rather than run "out of the box"), many of these questions are site-specific.

The best answer is typically to be found with those who support the environment.

There is a high % of people who ask this of the helpers here not realizing we have never seen the system in question.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Sat May 17, 2014 1:00 am

Furthermore, your question has multiple answers.

Are you wanting to know where the source for the SIT is stored? If so -- you MUST contact your site support group as there is NO standard place to store the source for these tables -- some sites use a PDS, some use a PDSE, some use CA-LIBRARIAN, or PANVALET, or ENDEVOR, or .... and the data set names will be specific to the site you work for and not likely to be replicated anywhere else.

Are you wanting to know where the compiled SIT is stored? Well, it must be in a library accessible to the region when the JCL is executed. However, this could be a library in the LINKLIST concatenation (hence no STEPLIB or JOBLIB would be needed), or stored in a STEPLIB data set, or stored in a JOBLIB data set. Again, only your site support group can tell you which method is used, and the data set names are specific to the site and may be unique to that site.

So, despite your sarcastic response, the answer "contact your site support group" is the ONLY viable and accurate answer to your question (whatever you really meant by it).
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Terry Heinze » Mon May 19, 2014 6:55 pm

In addition to the replies by dick and Robert, your authorization might determine whether or not you even have access to that information.
.... Terry
Terry Heinze

Return to CICS