IND$FILE - Issues with Attachmate and PCOMM

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

IND$FILE - Issues with Attachmate and PCOMM

Postby kcjpq200 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:27 am

Hello,

With Attachmate, I have tried various options to receive a file, using option 6 in TSO. Every single time, the transfer gives command LISTCAT and nothing else. I cannot get it to issue IND$FILE GET 'xxx.FFB.xxx.SYSLOG.*' ASCII CRLF. I've tried binary and ascii templates. I've added NOTRUNC. I've checked 'Text' and 'CRLF'. How do I get Attachmate to stop issuing LISTCAT, and LISTCAT only? It would make sense if I could turn off the Show Files option, as recommended in Attachmate support that I've found, but that is not an option that I can find in v9.2 anyway.

With PCOMM, also have tried various options. I get: PCSXFER012 - Error creating file: C:\temp\twsaudit\twsaudit on the PC disk, even though I am specifying c:\temp\twsaudit (i've tried c:\temp\twsaudit\*.txt -- and various naming (with and without \ at the end)), same problem.

It is driving me insane, because I know I used both products successfully many times, but at previous shops. Could IND$FILE be deactivated in my current enviroment?
Regards,
James Quint, Jr
kcjpq200

Re: IND$FILE - Issues with Attachmate and PCOMM

Postby steve-myers » Sun May 01, 2016 11:12 am

I have neither PCOM or Attachmate, but...

Make 100% certain the directory structure C:\TEMP\TWSAUDIT exists. I doubt if either PCOMM or Attachmate will create directories.

I am certain IND$FILE cannot handle wild cards in a data set name, so there is no point in trying to persuade either PCOM or Attachmate to insert wild cards into a data set name. IND$FILE deals with one data set <-> one file at a time.

HTH

These users thanked the author steve-myers for the post:
kcjpq200 (Sun May 01, 2016 11:39 am)
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby kcjpq200 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:39 am

Thank you Steve.

I also tried with single flat file names. Same issues, that was just the last time I tried. And yes, the directory exists. I also utilized the default directory options, as well as the options to create if it doesn't exist (Attachmate has the option).

Looking at getting FTP access to get them all at once. So strange, especially with Attachmate issuing LISTCAT no matter what I do.

Thank you!
Regards,
James Quint, Jr
kcjpq200

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sun May 01, 2016 11:55 am

why not speak to Your support ???
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Return to TSO & ISPF