tso command to navigate in JCL

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

tso command to navigate in JCL

Postby jaggz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Hello,

This question could be very elementary. When i write a JCL program and submit it for execution i get a white message at the bottom of the screen showing that the job is submitted. When i try to view the result in sdsf i type at the command line as " =sdsf" yes i am able to view the sdsf panel with the status of job. But when i try to return back to the same prepared jcl , i ended up with returning to ISPF panel instead of going to my JCL program. Please advice me the tricks where i can navigate properly inorder to save the time while viewing SDSF.
jaggz

Re: tso command to navigate in JCL

Postby Bill Dennis » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:53 pm

This is why the SPLIT screen option was created. PF2 is usually the SPLIT command and will divide the display into two logical ISPF screens. Browse SDSF on one side and keep your JCL in EDIT on the other side. The SWAP command (PF9) switches to the other "side".

Put the cursor at the top before SPLIT to get a nearly full screen on each side.
Regards,

Bill Dennis

Disclaimer: My comments on this forum are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity.
Bill Dennis

Postby NicC » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:01 pm

SPLIT is one of the basic things about ISPF. You should devote some time each day, say a coffee break, to reading through the tutorials. You are not wasting time - it is time spent improving your skills and getting the best out of ISPF.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby jaggz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks a lot....I tried and it worked. Again thanks a lot. This forum is really good for the new mainframers .
jaggz

Return to TSO & ISPF