uploading a xmit in to mainframe

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

uploading a xmit in to mainframe

Postby ajaysrinivasan » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:25 pm

HI,
ive have uploaded a xmit file in to my mainframe ,in a ps but wen i give option 6 and execute receive inds(upload.dsn) im facing error. if i give ps name in place of upload.dsn also its not working. can any one help me out
ajaysrinivasan

Re: uploading a xmit in to mainframe

Postby dick scherrer » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:46 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum,

can any one help me out
Probably not with the lack of info posted. Telling us "it didn't work" provides nothing for anyone to use to help you.

Where did you get this "xmit" file? How was it transferred to the mainframe? Did whoever provided the file provide directions on how to accomplish the transfer to be able to use the file? What does the file contain?
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby swd » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:05 pm

As Dick says, there's not much info supplied, you shoud at least put the error message in your post. As a first guess (without knowing the error you got) perhaps you need to put the PS dataset name in quotes...

Please provide more information.
swd

Postby Bill Dennis » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:30 am

Also, be sure to send the XMIT file to the mainframe as BINARY, 80 bytes. You may need SITE/LOCSITE or pre-allocate it.
Regards,

Bill Dennis

Disclaimer: My comments on this forum are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity.
Bill Dennis

Return to TSO & ISPF