Can anyone describe how to copy paste JCL

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

Can anyone describe how to copy paste JCL

Postby daretoshare » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:39 pm

I want to know how do we use anchors to copy paste a section of the JCL to another. This is very basic and I am a beginner!!
daretoshare

Re: Can anyone describe how to copy paste JCL

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Personally, I use ISPF line commands or control-c and control-v to do such tasks.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby swd » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:07 pm

You can also use the CUT and PASTE edit commands which can be useful if you want to copy more than a screenful of data in one go. Put CUT on the command line in EDIT, then in the left hand margain put CC against the first record, and CC against the last record you want to copy, then hit enter. You then go to where ever you want to PASTE the JCL (or whatever you're copying) and put PASTE on the command line and A (for After) in the left hand side margain and it will paste the data After this point. Note, although the command is CUT, it actually copies the data much like control-c does (as mentioned by Robert above). When you PASTE, it will not over-write any lines, as it INSERTS the records that are to be pasted.
swd

Postby daretoshare » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:47 pm

thanks so much!!
daretoshare

Return to TSO & ISPF