SDSF Screen Shot

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

SDSF Screen Shot

Postby rayngerfan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:51 pm

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm executing SDSF in batch with the following JCL.

//BSDSF EXEC PGM=SDSF
//ISFOUT   DD DSN=TBJIBER.SDSF1,
// DISP=(,CATLG,DELETE),UNIT=TEST,DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=80,BLKSIZE=0),
//  SPACE=(CYL,(1,1),RLSE)
//DATAOUT DD SYSOUT=*
//ISFIN DD *
DA
PRE PCICS*
FIND 'PCICS*'

The job captures PCICS* started tasks, but the screen shots from the job are missing a column called 'SRVCLASS' which is the 3rd column when I disply PCICS* manually via TSO.

COMMAND INPUT ===>  FROM THE BATCH JOB                                        SCROLL ===>
NP   JOBNAME  STEPNAME PROCSTEP TYPE  JNUM SYSNAME  C POS   SIO    CPU%
     PCICSTRT       CICS       CICS        JOB    31136  DSYS       0  NS    0.00   0.00
     PCICSTQ1     PCICSTQ1 CICS        JOB    34782  DSYS       0  NS    0.00   0.00
     PCICSTQ2     PCICSTQ2 CICS        JOB    34783  DSYS       0  NS    0.00   0.00
*********************************************************************************************************************
COMMAND INPUT ===> DISPLAY IS FROM TSO                             SCROLL =
PREFIX=PCICS*  DEST=(ALL)  OWNER=**  SORT=TYPE/A  SYSNAME=*
NP   JOBNAME  STEPNAME  SRVCLASS  JNUM  PROCSTEP SYSN  ASID C PO SR SIO
     PCICSTRT     CICS             QACICS            31136    CICS        DSYS  453  0 NS    0.00
     PCICSTQ1    PCICSTQ1      QACICS            34782    CICS        DSYS  473  0 NS    0.00
     PCICSTQ2    PCICSTQ2      QACICS            34783    CICS        DSYS  474  0 NS    0.00
Any thoughts on why the batch job screen shot looks different than the realtime TSO display?

Thanks
rayngerfan

Re: SDSF Screen Shot

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:03 am

the columns displayed depend usually on the sdsf customzation
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:31 am

Hello,

As you have now been here a couple of years, you should know about (and use) the Code tag.

When posting data from a mainframe terminal screen, there is no reason to bold or space things to align. Simply copy from the screen, paste to the Reply Editor, highlight the posted info and click the Code tag.

I tried to align whatyou had posted but discovered it wasn't simply not Code'd, but had also been modified.

There is also a Preview feature so you can see your post as it will appear to the forum. When the post appears as you wish, Submit.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby rayngerfan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:48 am

I apologize for the bad posting. I understand that SDSF display is customzation, but why would the batch job display coulmns that are different then realtime TSO SDSF display?
rayngerfan

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:52 am

Hello,

I don't know about sdsf, but several products have multiple configuration definitions for different uses - usually stored in members somewhere or in an "options" dataset.

Suggest you talk with whoever supports sdsf on your system and see if there are multiple sets of definitions. You may need a new set of parameters to support your process.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to TSO & ISPF