Dialog Manager; Create Panel > 80 bytes

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

Dialog Manager; Create Panel > 80 bytes

Postby tom_glaser » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in creating a panel under Dialog Manager. The data I want to display is 115 bytes. Therefore, I'll need to scroll to the right. I haven't found any examples. I know it's possible, I see many 3rd party vendors code it. From what research I've done, it appears I need to code the ZSCREENW variable in my panel, such as the following:

)BODY WIDTH(&ZSCREENW) EXPAND(\\)

But, I've attempted to modify ZSCREENW to something larger than 80 and it fails. From looking at the 3rd party vendors, it appears the panel lib is still 80 bytes, and that the screen is actually fixed...but the data below BODY section can be scrolled to the right or to the left. Any suggestions on how I set up a panel larger than 80 bytes?

Thanks,

Tom Glaser
MasterCard
tom_glaser

Re: Dialog Manager; Create Panel > 80 bytes

Postby MrSpock » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm far from being an ISPF expert (and honestly, a Student/Beginner forum might not be the best place for an advanced topic such as this), but as far as I know, the only way to accomplish what you want is to use two panels. You have to write the controlling logic to swap between and keep them in sync based on the user entering their LEFT or RIGHT commands.
MrSpock
Global moderator

Return to TSO & ISPF