JCL to open the hexon command

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

JCL to open the hexon command

Postby logesh » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:24 pm

hi,

i want to open the hexon command... how to open ..... could u tell me

thanks,,,,
logesh

Re: jcl

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Are you using TSO/ISPF? ROSCOE? CICS? And why are you posting your question in the COBOL section instead of the correct section? And using the topic title "jcl" is not a complete waste only because it indicates you are completely and totally clueless.

IF you are using TSO / ISPF, try entering HEX ON on the command line while in an Edit session. Also, learn what the PF1 key is used for.

I've moved this topci to a more appropriate location.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:47 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum,

As you have seen, there are acceptable "things to do" here and others that are not. . .

You need to use a meaningful title that tells what you are asking about. Nothing in your post has anything to do with JCL. . .

You also need to take time to make sure you post your question in the proper part of the forum. COBOL is only for COBOL topics.

As you have not mentioned which environment is being used, i'll guess it is TSO/ISPF. To do what i believe you want, Edit/View a member or file and enter HEX ON in the "Command ===> " area.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby Pedro » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:54 pm

I have taken a liking to using the HX command rather than HEX ON. Type the HX command in the line command area of the editor. HX only applies to the specified line. This is different than the HEX ON primary command, which applies to the entire file.

You can also use HXX on two lines to set a range where the line is shown in hex mode.
Pedro Vera

These users thanked the author Pedro for the post (total 2):
Robert Sample (Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:34 pm) • Anuj Dhawan (Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:23 pm)
Pedro

Re: JCL to open the hexon command

Postby Anuj Dhawan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Thanks for the tip, Pedro.

Regards,
Anuj
Anuj Dhawan

Return to TSO & ISPF