TSO/OMVS Error Code JVMJ9VM015W

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

TSO/OMVS Error Code JVMJ9VM015W

Postby snkdbpc » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi,

I am getting the following error

'JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library j9jit24(11): cannot initialize JIT
Could not create the Java virtual machine.'

when I try to execute a java code on TSO OMVS.
Can anyone point me out why this error is occurring?
Further, I have tried googling this problem, what I have found is, 'the error occurs when there is not enough memory'.The default memory for TSO is 4096, I have tried to increase it to 6144(This is the maximum memory I am allowed to allocate as I am getting an error when I try to increase it further).

Regards
snkdbpc

Re: TSO/OMVS Error Code JVMJ9VM015W

Postby jaggz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi,

When you are executing or invoking JVM. Its always advisable to have large TSO size, so probably check with your RACF system programmers to provide you bigger TSO MAXSIZE(If you are approved to use so).

Jaggz
jaggz

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:48 pm

Java runs under Unix System Services. Unix System Services has parameters that are set during IPL in a member of SYS1PARMLIB (which may be called something else on your site) called BPXPRMxx (where xx is a 2-character suffix that is specific to your site). Some of those parameters in BPXPRMxx control memory allocation of Unix System Services processes, including Java. Your changing the REGION parameter for your TSO session actually will not affect the memory allocation for Unix System Services processes in any way.

You need to contact your site support group and work with a system programmer to modify the BPXPRMxx values to meet the required values for Java. I remember from when we installed Java that some of the memory allocation parameters had to be increased drastically to allow Java to execute, although I don't remember offhand which parameters had to be changed to what -- but that would be in the installation guide for Java.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Peter_Mann » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:39 pm

There are some .profile settings also you may want to review as it relates to JAVA, but setting these limits will not help if you do not first take Mr. Sample's advice
ulimit is one I had to alter for a POC
here's a link I have saved, its a year old, but still may be of some use

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/ ... vafaq.html
enjoy!
Peter
Peter_Mann

Postby nevilh » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:19 am

In order to invoke Java under OMVS you will need a region size in excess of 60M. This is the reason IBM recommend that you do not restrict the region size, but allow Java to use what is necessary.
nevilh

Postby snkdbpc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:48 am

Thank you for your answers
snkdbpc

Return to TSO & ISPF