List of Printer on z/OS?

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

List of Printer on z/OS?

Postby Mehdi shri » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:17 am

Dear friends
How I can see List of Printer on z/OS by TSO or ISPF? Is there a command to list them?
I want to pritn a seq sata set. But I dont know what I must to do.
Thanks
Mehdi shri

Re: List of Printer on z/OS?

Postby BillyBoyo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:59 am

Can you ask a colleague which printer to use?

How is a list from z/OS necessarily going to help you?
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby delorimier » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Mehdi shri wrote:How I can see List of Printer on z/OS by TSO or ISPF? Is there a command to list them?

You may use the printer panel (PR) of SDSF. It should give you the list of JES2 printers, their status, and their output classes.

Yours truly,

Rene FERLAND, Montreal
delorimier

Postby Robert Sample » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:55 pm

A z/OS system may have printers scattered over hundreds -- or thousands -- of square miles. Merely knowing a list of printers for that system will not tell you where the printer is located, and printing your report of sensitive data on a printer that is a 3-hour drive away will NOT get you in the good graces of your bosses. As has been suggested, the APPROPRIATE way is to ask your colleagues, your team leader, or someone in your site support group which printer to use.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby steve-myers » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:14 am

The other problem is the actual printing may be done by some agent that JES2 knows little about. In this case the print destination may be controlled by a destination code associated with the output. The printers that JES2 knows about may well be of little use to you. If this is the case, Billyboyo's suggestions and Mr. Sample's suggestions are probably the way for you to go. Mr. Sample's description of printer locations probably should be extended to say the entire world!
steve-myers
Global moderator

Return to TSO & ISPF