PCF command for storage class

Support for MQSeries and Websphere Message Oriented Middleware communication systems for z/OS

PCF command for storage class

Postby mvsfan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:44 am

Hi, I'm trying to use a PCF command to inquire and list storage classes and the associated queues. Any lead on this is appreciated.

Thnx.
mvsfan

Re: PCF command for storage class

Postby mongan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:26 pm

I have no idea what PCF is - a vendor product?
mongan

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:25 pm

I have no idea what PCF is - a vendor product?

unless striking missposting evidence is given it is wiser to give the TS the benefit of doubt!
a quick and dirty google search for "PCF IBM" would have shown that
PCF is the acronym for Programmable Command Format
as described here
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... 11570_.htm
For a complete description of the PCF data structures and how to implement them, see WebSphere MQ Programmable Command Formats and Administration Interface.
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby mongan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Enricho, I assumed that this had something to do with ISMF and storage classes therein, that is why I had no idea what he was talking about. Besides that, why should I go searching because the poster is to lazy to explain what type of environment the question is related to?
mongan

Postby NicC » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:39 pm

It is obviously related to Websphere MQ as that is the section that he posted in.

OK OK I know a load of people just stick their posts into any old section but in this case, not being overly familiar with MQ, I looked in my manuals and found PCF.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:57 pm

I assumed that this had something to do with ISMF and storage classes therein, that is why I had no idea what he was talking about. Besides that, why should I go searching because the poster is to lazy to explain what type of environment the question is related to?

nobody asked You to carry on any search :evil:
if You did not know what the TS is talking about no reason to clobber the topic with useless considerations

looks also like You did not care to read my comment
unless striking missposting evidence is given it is wiser to give the TS the benefit of doubt!
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Return to WebSphere MQ