' DEFINE' command request not authorized

Support for MQSeries and Websphere Message Oriented Middleware communication systems for z/OS

' DEFINE' command request not authorized

Postby ocm7 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:00 pm

Hello,

I have to define a QLOCAL in a QMGR (MQXX) however I'm getting CSQ9016E !MQXX ' DEFINE' command request not authorized. However when I issue from the ISPF command panel 'RLIST MQCMDS *' under MQXX.QLOCAL.DEFINE my access is listed as 'ALTER' so... I'm not sure whats going on. Both the Websphere MQ for z/OS panel and its Command interface yield the same error.

Thanks, ocm7
ocm7

Re: ' DEFINE' command request not authorized

Postby dick scherrer » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You need to work with your support and/or security people to get your issue resolved.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby ocm7 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Thing is, checking through MQXX logs in SDSF I can see that My access has been forbidden 'from MQXX.** (G)' while other users have apparently gotten it working when they access from 'MQXX.QLOCAL.DEFINE' (Which is listed as allowed in RACF) so... I'm not sure if this question makes much sense but how can I access it from 'MQXX.QLOCAL.DEFINE' ? Or for that matter, anything thats not 'MQXX.** (G)'

EDIT: When accessed from MQXX.** the log shows class(MQADMIN) is being used, while MQXX.QLOCAL.DEFINE lists class (MQCMDS) which is the one I believe I need
ocm7

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:43 am

Hello,

To repeat:
You need to work with your support and/or security people to get your issue resolved.
Is there somethng about this direction that was not clear?

They can tell you why there is an issue and what can be done (if anything) to correct it. This may not be a problem but is intentional. . . Only they will know for sure.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby ocm7 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:44 am

There is no need to be rude about it, of course I can ask support about the issue however I'm seeking alternatives.
ocm7

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:53 am

Hello,

There is no need to be rude about it,
Rude is asking the same question again when you have been given what is possibly the best solution available. It is certainly quicker than waiting for a furum reply - which may be worthless as others do not work on your system. . .

of course I can ask support about the issue however I'm seeking alternatives
Then do so unless there is some business reason not to. Why would you want an alternative to the best answer you can get. . . :?
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:55 am

of course I can ask support about the issue however I'm seeking alternatives.
In many shops, "seeking alternatives" is considered violation of site security policy and leads to negative consequences up to and including termination of the employee. When you don't have security access to a resource, attempting to avoid the site security group to gain access is NOT typically a career-enhancing move.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby ocm7 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:12 am

I'm a student and this is part of a school activity, I have emailed my professors about it but have not received a reply for days. For certain reasons I cannot contact them in person so by now it's mostly that I need alternatives. But thanks for the replies anyways.
ocm7

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:18 am

Hello,

When posting a class problem it is usually a good thing to mention this initially. Until your last reply, we all believed this was a work problem.

It is unfortunate that your training center does not provide more responsive support. Requiring questions be submitted via e-mail is possibly because way too many people would be "at their door" all of the time rather than digging out answers.

It is also unfortunate that the "answers" will most likely be site-specific and someone with knowledge of "that" system will be needed.

Possibly you could speak wikth one of your classmates who have this working and see what they did differently?
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to WebSphere MQ