initiation queue and trigger queue

Support for MQSeries and Websphere Message Oriented Middleware communication systems for z/OS

initiation queue and trigger queue

Postby syamcs » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi all,
I am a beginner to Websphere MQ , just need a small clarification regarding the types of queue. Recently I read a document regarding MQ series, in that document they mentioned about trigger queue which I got confused with initiation queue. I just want to know what is the difference between trigger queue and initiation queue. I searched in google and searched in some other pdf regarding MQ but I didn't get any solution. Can any one help me regarding this

Regards
Syam
syamcs

Re: initiation queue and trigger queue

Postby Sivapradeep » Thu May 10, 2012 2:21 pm

trigger queue : it's a local queue which has triggering properties set. while creation of this local queue itself we will give triggering proeprties, inintiation queue name , dummy data. when any triggering event occurs on this queue the dummy data which we have specified during creation will be passed to initiation queue.

Initiation queue: its again a local queue but mentioning its name in the Initiaion queue field of triggering queue gives the features of a initiation queue to this local queue. it receives dummy data from the triggering queue whenever a triggering event occurs.

we can mention this initiation queue name for CKTIBAT2 utility which monitiors this initiation queue 24x7 and submits a job when the initiation queue gets dummy data.
Sivapradeep

Return to WebSphere MQ