UNLOAD BMC FROM FULLCOPY

IBM's flagship relational database management system

UNLOAD BMC FROM FULLCOPY

Postby Gandosio » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi, I'm trying to unload data from fullimagecopy with BMC using ddlin because the fullcopy references an old table and the catalog now is different and I have this error:

BMC50474I BELOW 16M = 10296K, ABOVE 16M = 254244K, CPUS = 10
BMC51701I MAX TASKS = 1, MAX PARTITIONS PER TASK = 1, SORTWKS PER TASK = 0, MAX OPEN PARTITIONS PER TASK = 1
BMC50254S 1: UNEXPECTED EOF (PAGE=000000 ) IN DATASET 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BMC50497I HEXDUMP GENERATED BY ADUDGRIN OF PDB, LENGTH = 00001600

Is it possible that the problem is due to the definition of the table (LARGE TS) or instead the fullcopy is corrupted?

what do you think?

THANKS....

This is part of the ddlin:
CREATE LARGE TABLESPACE xxxxxTS0 IN xxxxxDB0
NUMPARTS nn
(
PART 1
USING STOGROUP yyyyyyyy
PRIQTY 273600
SECQTY 55440
ERASE NO
FREEPAGE 20
PCTFREE 10
COMPRESS YES
-------------------------------
BUFFERPOOL BP2
LOCKSIZE PAGE
LOCKPART YES
DSSIZE 64G
LOCKMAX SYSTEM
CLOSE YES
CCSID EBCDIC
MAXROWS 255

jcl:
//SYSIN DD *
UNLOAD
INFILE INPDD FULL
CNTLCARDS DB2
DIRECT YES
SHRLEVEL CHANGE PART 2
SELECT * FROM xxxxx.yyyyy
;
Gandosio

Re: UNLOAD BMC FROM FULLCOPY

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:36 pm

what does the bmc manual tell about

BMC50254S 1: UNEXPECTED EOF
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby Gandosio » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:57 pm

I've viewed the explanation of the error, you too....

BMC50254S
taskNumber: UNEXPECTED EOF (PAGE= pageNumber) IN DATASET 'dataSetName'

Explanation: The utility encountered an end-of-file (EOF) when it expected more data. The task number identifies the task that is associated with the error. For LOADPLUS and REORG PLUS, if the job terminates during ANALYZE processing, this message might indicate that some system pages have not been externalized. For REORG PLUS users, receiving this message might have one of the following explanations:

If REORG PLUS terminates during ANALYZE processing for a table space reorganization with ANALYZE, ANALYZE ONLY, or ANALYZE PAUSE specified, this message might indicate that an index space does not contain valid DB2 pages.

If REORG PLUS terminates during UNLOAD phase processing, this message might indicate that the primary (PRIQTY) or secondary (SECQTY) quantity for the table space or index space was altered before the reorganization began. This alteration makes the multi-data-set table space or index space a nonmulti-data-set table space or index space.

User response: For LOADPLUS and REORG PLUS users, if you receive this message during ANALYZE processing, try resubmitting the job. If the problem continues, consider running a QUIESCE on the object to force externalization of all system pages, and resubmit the job. If the problem continues, the message indicates a different problem. For REORG PLUS users who receive this message due to changing PRIQTY and SECQTY, ALTER the PRIQTY and SECQTY values back to the original values to create a multi-data-set table space or index space and restart the reorganization. For other scenarios, the table space or index might be in error and you might need to recover the object. For REORG PLUS and UNLOAD PLUS users, if you receive this message and want to restart the job without making any changes, specify the ON MESSAGE option for this message and restart the job. For an index space reorganization, consider an appropriate recovery scenario.
Gandosio

Postby Gandosio » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:05 pm

we solved!

the problem was caused by the ddl provided to the unload...we thought the ddl delivered with the imagecopy corresponded to the table definition at the moment of the imagecopy but instead it was different.

we have understand this information from ds1prnt looking at the HPGPARTN='0013'X (numer of partitions) HPGFLAGS='0000'X (not LARGE), in our ddl partitions were 19 and the tablespace LARGE so not correpondig.
Modifying the ddl and resubmit the unload we have the data...

Bye.

These users thanked the author Gandosio for the post:
BillyBoyo (Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:23 pm)
Gandosio

Postby BillyBoyo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:23 pm

Thanks for posting the resolution.
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Return to DB2