Date format in DB2

IBM's flagship relational database management system

Date format in DB2

Postby waleeed1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:18 pm

I have learnt that DB2 format date is dd/mm/yyyy but when it stores internally, it gets stored in ISO format which is YYYY-MM-DD. IS my understanding correct? What is the difference between DB2 format and ISO format of date when it comes to storing and retrieving from database? Which one do we use?
waleeed1

Re: Date format in DB2

Postby NicC » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Welcome to the forum. Please read the forum rules - you have managed to break 2 of them (if not 3) in your first post! You have resurrected an old topic, you have hi-jacked someone elses topic and, possibly, you have not looked in the manuals/internet.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby waleeed1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:09 pm

I am a little confused with the date format in DB2 and need clarification.

1) While checking for a particular date in the WHERE clause in which format should i represent it? For eg. i want to check if begin date is GE 23/02/2009 then how do i code?

BEG_DT >= '23/02/2009' ---> Is this form of checking correct?

2) What is the internal format in which a date is stored in DB2 table?

3) I have learnt that DB2 format date is dd/mm/yyyy but when it stores internally, it gets stored in ISO format which is YYYY-MM-DD. IS my understanding correct? What is the difference between DB2 format and ISO format of date when it comes to storing and retrieving from database? Which one do we use?
waleeed1

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:24 pm

Topic split
link to a games site removed
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Return to DB2