SQLCODE -908

IBM's flagship relational database management system

SQLCODE -908

Postby Shanthi_Palani » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:00 pm

Hello Experts,
Kindly help me out with the below.
We have added a new column to an existing DB2 table as a last field. It is not a part of any index and it is of character 6 and an optional field.
And none of my existing programs references that field so far.
But in batch as well in online , the packages which involve this table, while being executed, gives me the SQLCODE -908. Please could you let me know why it is happening??

Thank you!
Shanthi_Palani

Re: SQLCODE -908

Postby Akatsukami » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:39 pm

908 bind-type ERROR USING auth-id AUTHORITY. BIND, REBIND OR AUTO-REBIND OPERATION IS
NOT ALLOWED
Explanation: For BIND and REBIND, the indicated authorization ID is not allowed to perform the indicated
bind-type against a plan or package. An entry in the resource limit specification table (RLST) prohibits binding and
rebinding by this authorization ID, or all authorization IDs. For AUTO-REBIND, the system parameter controlling
AUTO-REBIND operations is set to disallow AUTO-REBIND.
bind-type
Type of bind operation (BIND, REBIND or AUTO-REBIND).
-906 • -908
Chapter 2. SQL error codes 215
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
auth-id Authorization ID of the invoker of the BIND subcommand or primary authorization ID of the invoker of the
plan for AUTO-REBIND operations.
System action: The plan or package is not bound.
System programmer response: If the indicated authorization id should be allowed to bind, change the entry in the
active RLST table. If AUTO-REBIND operations are disabled, rebind the package before reexecuting the package.

Use DSNTIAR to get the message associated with a sqlcode.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Re: SQLCODE -908

Postby Shanthi_Palani » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:35 am

Hi Akatasukumi - Thanks for your reply.
So in the background - when I invoke my application ( cics) my package is trying to be bound? And my id doesn't have necessary Authorization to do it? Is that why I get a -908, please?
I will post the DSNTIAR information soon.
Shanthi_Palani

Return to DB2