how to kill inactive remote session in DB2v750 for VSE

IBM's flagship relational database management system

how to kill inactive remote session in DB2v750 for VSE

Postby princehaasil » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:48 pm

hi all,
i need a help regarding my issue; i want to kill my remote session at the same time when DB2 Connect closes its active connection with my IBM Z/10 mainframe act as an application Server using DRDA.

i am using DB2 Connect as a middleware for my .net application. problem is when .net application need DB2 access on mainframe it uses DB2 Connect to establish connection with mainframe after job done application sent a request to close its connection and the active connection is close but its session remains there (inactive state). i want to kill that session the time connection closes. please help me on this.

i am new to main frame as well as DB2 server for VSE. but in my opinion session will be automatically close the time connection close request recieved and active coonection closes. but it doesn't.

plz plzzzz help me its urgent.
princehaasil

Re: how to kill inactive remote session in DB2v750 for VSE

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:11 am

Hello and welcome to the forum,

If you have a truly urgent situation, the forum is not the best place to look for help. . . There may not always be someone here who is able to provide an answer.

Suggest you speak with your dba and open a problem/issue with DB2 Connect support.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to DB2