Need recovery job to change the Table status

IBM's flagship relational database management system

Need recovery job to change the Table status

Postby jvinoth » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to slove the issue when the table goes to recovery pending mode.Please give me the job to change the status of the table.

Thanks.
jvinoth

Re: Need recovery job to change the Table status

Postby Akatsukami » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:20 pm

jvinoth wrote:Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to slove the issue when the table goes to recovery pending mode. Please give me the job to change the status of the table.

No.

Read the manuals, write the job yourself, and justify your salary.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Re: Need recovery job to change the Table status

Postby BillyBoyo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

jvinoth,

You have been given some good advice. What if someone just posts some JCL and you amend it for your site and run it? I suspect the "Programmer Response" in the manuals is not
just ignore the status, run a JCL to change it, and hope for the best, sorry to disturb, we shouldn't really have bothered doing anything to upset your daily routine

When a manual says something like that, then just come to a forum like you did and ask away. Until that time, do the work first. When you don't understand, explain what you have found, what it is you don't understand, and attempt to provide all the relevant information, and someone will be around to help with that, as you have already been helped with this, would that you'd know it.
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Return to DB2