DB2 Load utility, Template and LISDEF

IBM's flagship relational database management system

DB2 Load utility, Template and LISDEF

Postby Okonita » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 am

Hello Gurus,

Hi all,
I have unloaded (using LISTDEF & TEMPLATing) a DB2 database of several tablespace/tables and associated SYSPUNCH cards. I will like to use LISTDEF and a Template to load the tables data into my test environment.
How can I do this? Is there other ways to do this? Any example(s) to guide me how to code the JCL, etc etc?

I will appreciate any and all suggestions?

Thanks
Okonita

Re: DB2 Load utility, Template and LISDEF

Postby pmartyn » Wed May 22, 2013 7:29 pm

No offense but why aren't you using the 'Rock Solid ' LOAD utility supplied by either IBM or BMC? Just make sure that the logging is turned off by supplying the 'LOG NO' parm in the load deck and you should be fine. If you need JCL you can always contact your DBA.
pmartyn

Postby Okonita » Wed May 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Thanks for the response. I am aware of the LOAD utility and have used that forever. My question was more on whether it is possible to use LISTDEF & TEMPLATES to LOAD tables just the same way that LISTDEF and Templating allows one to dynamically unload tables! If I can do this safely, then I can automate my unload from PROD and LOAD to Test with minimal manual intervention.

I hope I have been able to clarify my thinking.

Again, thanks

okonita
Okonita

Postby BillyBoyo » Wed May 22, 2013 8:08 pm

If you've been using LOAD "forever", why are you posting the question on a Beginners and Students forum? Try the sister site next time, link at the bottom of the page.
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Return to DB2