Getting Error INVREQ while reading records from VSAM-RRDS

Help for IBM's record-oriented filesystem VSAM, ESDS, KSDS, RRDS, LDS and Storage management Subsystems

Getting Error INVREQ while reading records from VSAM-RRDS

Postby RaviTejaG » Fri May 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi,
i am getting INVREQ error while reading a record from VSAM-RRDS.i am pasting the code below,

EXEC CICS READ
FILE('FT0391')
INTO(WS-CUST-REC)
RIDFLD(WS-CUSTID)
KEYLENGTH(WS-KEY-LEN)
RESP(WS-RESP)
GTEQ
END-EXEC .
AND ALSO I WANT SYNTAXES FOR ALL KSDS OPERATIONS.CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.
RaviTejaG

Re: Getting Error INVREQ while reading records from VSAM-RRDS

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Fri May 21, 2010 3:56 pm

AND ALSO I WANT SYNTAXES FOR ALL KSDS OPERATIONS.CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.

RTFM
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Re: Getting Error INVREQ while reading records from VSAM-RRDS

Postby Robert Sample » Fri May 21, 2010 5:06 pm

This is not a manual regurgitation service. Learn to find the manuals on your own, read them, and THEN if you have any questions about what you read post them. INVREQ on a READ has a number of possible reasons. It is your responsibility to figure out which of these applies (from the CICS Language Reference manual):
INVREQ
RESP2 values:

READ is not allowed according to the file entry specification in the FCT.

A READ command with the UPDATE option is issued to a file where update operations are not allowed according to the file entry specification in the FCT.

The KEYLENGTH and GENERIC options are specified, and the length specified in the KEYLENGTH option is greater than or equal to the length of a full key.

The KEYLENGTH option is specified (but the GENERIC option is not specified), and the specified length does not equal the length defined for the data set to which this file refers.

Following a READ UPDATE command without TOKEN, another READ UPDATE without TOKEN was issued against the same file without an intervening REWRITE, DELETE, UNLOCK or SYNCPOINT command. This condition may in some cases be raised despite the fact that the first READ UPDATE was not successful, for example because it timed out.

A BDAM key conversion error occurred.

The KEYLENGTH and GENERIC options are specified, and the length specified in the KEYLENGTH option is less than zero.

The command does not conform to the format of READ for a user-maintained or coupling facility data table; for example, if RBA is specified.

A READ to a KSDS file that is being accessed in RLS mode specifies the RBA keyword. RLS mode does not support relative byte address access to KSDS data sets.

CONSISTENT is specified on a READ request to a non-RLS mode file, or to a data table that is specified with RLSACCESS(YES). CONSISTENT is not allowed if the file refers to a data table, even if the file definition specifies RLSACCESS(YES).

REPEATABLE is specified on a READ request to a non-RLS mode file or to a data table that is specified with RLSACCESS(YES). REPEATABLE is not allowed if the file refers to a data table, even if the file definition specifies RLSACCESS(YES).

NOSUSPEND is specified on a READ request to a non-RLS mode file or to a data table that is specified with RLSACCESS(YES). NOSUSPEND is not allowed if the file refers to a data table, even if the file definition specifies RLSACCESS(YES).

An attempt to update a recoverable coupling facility data table has failed because the current unit of work has already updated 1024 recoverable coupling facility data tables. You cannot update more than 1024 recoverable coupling facility data tables within a unit of work

Default action: terminate the task abnormally.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to VSAM/SMS