ADR380E RC 37

Help for IBM's record-oriented filesystem VSAM, ESDS, KSDS, RRDS, LDS and Storage management Subsystems

ADR380E RC 37

Postby Bad Man » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi,

I am trying to restore some files of a tape:

RESTORE INDDNAME(INDD) OUTDDNAME(OUT) ADMIN -
DATASET(INCLUDE(SYS1.OMVS.ROOT.FBOMD1) -
EXCLUDE(SYS1.OMVS.TMP.**, -
SYS1.OMVS.VAR.**)) -
REPLACE -
TOLERATE(ENQF) -
RECATALOG(SYS1.MCATZS1B.TST2) -
RENAMEU( -
(SYS1.OMVS.ROOT.FBOMD1,SYS1.OMVS.ROOT.T2OMA1))

But it fails for a single file every time

0ADR380E (001)-FRLBO(01), DATA SET SYS1.OMVS.ROOT.FBOMD1 NOT PROCESSED, 37

I have tried to all kind of searches to see if the dataset exists SYS1.OMVS.ROOT.T2OMA1 but was not able to find it anywhere...Please suggest...
Bad Man

Re: ADR380E RC 37

Postby BillyBoyo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:50 pm

0ADR380E (001)-FRLBO(01), DATA SET SYS1.OMVS.ROOT.FBOMD1 NOT PROCESSED, 37

You need to find out what this means, in particular the "37" part.
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:57 pm

I suggest you learn how to read a manual. The Messages and Codes manual for the ADR380E message (hint: try http://www.ibm.com if you cannot find it anywhere else), explicitly tells you what your problem is:
37 The new name specified with RENAME or RENAMEUNCONDITIONAL already exists on the volume and the REPLACEUNCONDITIONAL keyword was not specified. The REPLACE keyword cannot be used to replace a data set that is being renamed.
If you had looked this message up in the manual, you would not have needed to post here -- and saved yourself how many hours?
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Bad Man » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:13 pm

I have looked at this message using IBM LOOKAT and have read what has been posted however this same job has worked multiple times without any changes for others in my org. So whats causing this abend and then my direction went to that the dataset exists somewhere but I am unable to track it and looking for some means. I have tried a VTOC serach where it says VTOC error and FILEAID the other way I know is not on this client.
Bad Man

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Since you are pretty much helpless -- which is NOT a good sign for your future endeavors as an IT professional -- let me give you a hint:

It is not valid to use REPLACE and RENAMEUNCONDITIONAL in the same restore command. There is a reason you have the paired options RENAME/REPLACE and RENAMEUNCONDITIONAL/REPLACEUNCONDITIONAL -- go read the manual and find out why.

Furthermore, given a choice between your protestations that the data set does not exist, and the system saying that it does exist, I'm going to believe the system -- every time -- over you. The system doesn't lie; if it says that data set exists, there is a reason for that statement. YOU might not be able to find it, but the system sure can.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to VSAM/SMS