What is needed for Installing IMS DB/DC.

IBM's hierarchical database management system with a Database Manager (IMS DB) and a Transaction Manager(IMS DC)

What is needed for Installing IMS DB/DC.

Postby MeSh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Dear friends.
I want to Install an IMS V7 whitout using SMP/E , CBIPO and serverpack. In another word I want to install IMS manual certainly.
Now I want to know Which dataset must be created? What is needed to made start procedure for IMS? (or to activate IMS address space).
And I know there are much parameter to doeing this. But I want a headline or an overview to starting and go ahead.
Speciall thanks.
MeSh

Re: What is needed for Installing IMS DB/DC.

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:35 am

Hello,

If there is a true senior system programmer available, talk with them.

It has been a Very long time since any of my clients did an IBM product install that did Not use SMP/E . . .

IBM may have this procedure documented if you start an issue with them.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.

These users thanked the author dick scherrer for the post:
MeSh (Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:17 am)
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Re: What is needed for Installing IMS DB/DC.

Postby Pedro » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:44 pm

IBM may have this procedure documented if you start an issue with them.

I doubt you will get much support for IMS V7. I have not kept track of IMS, but V7 might have gone out of support as much as 15 years ago.

Assuming you have all of the REL files, you need to examine each... the actual IMS deliverables are encapsulated with SMP/E statements. I think they specify the member name and what distribution file the member goes to. You need to remove the SMP/E stuff and put IMS member into the correct library. There are probably so many members that you would want to do so with a rexx program. There is probably a file type that has linkedit statements. You need to run the linkedit job to create load modules (SMP/E normally does that for you).

Get a document called 'program directory' and follow the post SMP/E instructions for installing and customizing. There should also be a manual for the Installation Verification Program. Read and follow the directions. Getting those documents for IMS V7 might be problematic.
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Return to IMS DB/DC