IDMS Web Service call

Programming support for IDMS(Integrated Database Management System), IDD, IDMS-DC & ADS/Online

IDMS Web Service call

Postby chenna » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:23 am

Hi Experts, I have a requirement. I need to make a web service call(real time call) to other system(non mainframe) from Mainframes to get some information. I have CICS, COBOL-2 with IDMS version 19. Can you please tell me if any documentation is available for this? How do I start? I am familiar with Batch and online stuff within mainframes. I am new to this web service calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
chenna

Re: IDMS Web Service call

Postby NicC » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:51 pm

idms web service documentation

I Googled this and got 54,900 results. How many did you get when you tried before starting your topic?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby chenna » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi Nic,
I googled it for few days and didn't find any good result. I don't remember how many results google gave.
chenna

Postby NicC » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:52 pm

I just re-googled the same query and got "about 65,700 results" and most of the first page was official documentation from CA. If none of that allows you to do what you want then contact CA so that they can point you to the specific documentation or clarify their documentation.

Does your company already have an application doing a similar process?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby chenna » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:56 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Nic. My company doesn't have web service call. We are just using IDMS, COBOL-2, ADS and CICS. I will check with CA on this.
chenna

Return to IDMS/ADSO