report jobstream TWS

Ask queries about other IBM Tools like Tivoli, COBTEST, Fault Analyzer, z/OS File Manager, Workload Simulator, APA, SCLM, Merge & Migration Tools etc...

report jobstream TWS

Postby soufianez75 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:03 pm

Hello,

I want compare one jobstream by different environnemnt,
I have 3 environnemment and I want to check if in PROD and PREPROD and RECETTE I have the same level jobstream and create an report with all jobstream.
An idea to create this report ?
soufianez75

Re: report jobstream TWS

Postby Blackthorn » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:34 pm

There is no inbuilt facility to compare one application with another, although if you are using different TWS subsystems as I suspect, obviously this would not be possible anyway. You will need to unload the applications and then do some post processing on the unloads to compare them. The simplest way to unload an application(s) is to use the PIF utility program (EQQYCAIN). Specify SYSIN statements similar to this -

ACTION=OPTIONS,BL=Y,BLPRT=Y,LTP=N;
ACTION=LIST,RESOURCE=ADCOM,VALTO=711231,STATUS=A,ADID=XXXXXXXX.

A simple comparison of the unloads will be no good as the durations will certainly be different and possibly other values such as work station names as well. Extract the details you need that should be identical and then compare the results.
Blackthorn

Re: report jobstream TWS

Postby soufianez75 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Thank you very much, I dont have the competencies but I will see your proposition
soufianez75

Return to Other IBM Tools