TWS and late application

Ask queries about other IBM Tools like Tivoli, COBTEST, Fault Analyzer, z/OS File Manager, Workload Simulator, APA, SCLM, Merge & Migration Tools etc...

TWS and late application

Postby samb01 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:15 pm

Hello,

i woul like to know how could we be warned when a application is late. Is there an option in TWS wich allowed it ?

Thnak's for your help.
samb01

Re: TWS and late application

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:14 pm

googling with tws late application detection
returned quite a few links

for example
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... rkauto.htm

Running event-driven workload automation

Event-driven workload automation adds the capability to perform on-demand workload automation in addition to plan-based job scheduling. It provides the capability to define rules that can trigger on-demand workload automation.

The object of event-driven workload automation in TivoliĀ® Workload Scheduler is to carry out a predefined set of actions in response to events that occur on nodes running Tivoli Workload Scheduler (but also on non-Tivoli Workload Scheduler ones, when you use the sendevt command line). This implies the capability to submit workload and run commands on the fly, notify users via email, or send messages to Tivoli Enterprise Console.

The main tasks of event-driven workload automation are:
Trigger the execution of batch jobs and job streams based on the reception or combination of real time events.
Reply to prompts
Notify users when anomalous conditions occur in the Tivoli Workload Scheduler scheduling environment or batch scheduling activity.
Invoke an external product when a particular event condition occurs.
Event-driven workload automation is based upon the concept of event rule. In Tivoli Workload Scheduler an event rule is a scheduling object that includes the following items:
Events
Event-correlating conditions
Actions
When you define an event rule, you specify one or more events, a correlation rule, and the one or more actions that are triggered by those events. Moreover, you can specify validity dates, a daily time interval of activity, and a common time zone for all the time restrictions that are set.
The events that Tivoli Workload Scheduler can detect for action triggering can be:
Internal events
They are events involving Tivoli Workload Scheduler internal application status and changes in the status of Tivoli Workload Scheduler objects. Events of this category can be job or job stream status changes, critical jobs or job streams being late or canceled, and workstation status changes.

but naturally You had already found about it
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby samb01 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:30 pm

Hello,

the moste interesting is you give me teh solution you take to be warned for a late application.

There are severals home made solution and i would like to know it (and i can't find it in google, sorry...)
samb01

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:52 pm

everything You might want to know is explained in the manuals
why not speak to the operations/scheduling support group
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby samb01 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:40 pm

I not agree with you. If all we need is in the manual the forum would be useless....
There are severals solutions home made that are not in the manual.... And It is not in the manul because it is home made... ;)
samb01

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:12 pm

If all we need is in the manual the forum would be useles

from where do You think we learned ??? :evil:

unfortunately for You I heve reviewed Your posts
and normally You prefer to wait lazily for a forum provided solution instead of reading the manuals and of doing a bit of work Yourself

TWS already tells You

from the manuals
LATEOPER - When an operation in the current plan becomes late,
EQQE027I is issued for an operation at a general workstation,
EQQE037I for an operation at a computer or printer workstation.

what else do You want from us
cheers
enrico
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:55 pm

topic locked, it is leading to a flame
cheers
enrico
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Return to Other IBM Tools