Tivoli Information Management

Ask queries about other IBM Tools like Tivoli, COBTEST, Fault Analyzer, z/OS File Manager, Workload Simulator, APA, SCLM, Merge & Migration Tools etc...

Tivoli Information Management

Postby moral » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi all,

Is someone using Infoman Java API? I'm trying to run client program connected via TCP/IP to MRES. Maybe someone has some example in Java? Client Installation and User’s Guide manual don't include a useful example or clear explanation.
moral

Re: Tivoli Information Management

Postby Robert Sample » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 pm

Which version of Tivoli Information Management is your site running? What version of z/OS or OS390 is your site running? The documentation (for version 7.1) I'm seeing online dates back to 2001; it may -- or may not -- even be possible to run current versions of Java against Tivoli Information Management. You need to work with your site support group to locate the sample programs that should have been installed with the product. Page 10 of the version 7.1 Client Installation and User's Guide specifically says a sample Java program is provided with the clients.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby moral » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:20 pm

Robert Sample wrote:Which version of Tivoli Information Management is your site running? What version of z/OS or OS390 is your site running? The documentation (for version 7.1) I'm seeing online dates back to 2001; it may -- or may not -- even be possible to run current versions of Java against Tivoli Information Management. You need to work with your site support group to locate the sample programs that should have been installed with the product. Page 10 of the version 7.1 Client Installation and User's Guide specifically says a sample Java program is provided with the clients.

Version of Tivoli Information Management is 7.1. z/OS version is 02.02.00
moral

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:29 pm

Let me be as clear as I can about your issue: CONTACT YOUR SITE SUPPORT GROUP!

Your site support group knows where everything is that has been installed, and should be able to locate quickly the sample code I mentioned in my previous post.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to Other IBM Tools