TWS and tiem after resolving dependency

Ask queries about other IBM Tools like Tivoli, COBTEST, Fault Analyzer, z/OS File Manager, Workload Simulator, APA, SCLM, Merge & Migration Tools etc...

TWS and tiem after resolving dependency

Postby samb01 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:12 pm

PMHeelo,

is-it possible in TWS to add an hour after of the execution of a job after resolving his dependency.

For exemple :

JOBY is successeur JOBX.

if JOBX is complete, i don'twant the JOBY executing juste after but 1 hour later.

For infomration, the JOBX could terminate à 02 PM, or 05 AM, or 9 PM...

Thank's for your hlep.
samb01

Re: TWS and tiem after resolving dependency

Postby NicC » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:34 am

Why do you need to wait? If you are dependent on something else finishing then make your dependency on that, In any case, your scheduling group are the people to consult because they may have a better idea due to the fact that they are more aware of the overall situation.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby Blackthorn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Easy. Just run an intermediate job on a "WAIT" work-station with a duration of one hour. so, you'd have JobX > WAIT job > JobY.
Blackthorn

Postby samb01 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Hello, i thought about it, but i Want to use tws but not à job...eve, i soûl ashkénazes m'y question in JCĹs forum ;)
samb01

Postby Robert Sample » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Have you contacted the vendor? Have you read the documentation? If you read the documentation and did not find any way to do what you want, that is a clue that what you want may not be possible. But you'd want to confirm that with the vendor to verify.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Aki88 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 am

Hello,

samb01 wrote:Hello, i thought about it, but i Want to use tws but not à job...eve, i soûl ashkénazes m'y question in JCĹs forum ;)

If you refer to Blackthorn's post:

Blackthorn wrote:...Just run an intermediate job on a "WAIT" work-station with a duration of one hour...

- he has requested you to use the TWS functionality of WAIT Work-Station; which means that you are indeed using TWS.
Aki88

Postby samb01 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Hello, your,re right, i haven.t saw it. I didn't know we could use wait work station. I'm going to search in the documutentation how to make a wait workstation because in every socity l have worked in,we did'n use it.
samb01

Return to Other IBM Tools