TWS LTP refresh job runs too long

Ask queries about other IBM Tools like Tivoli, COBTEST, Fault Analyzer, z/OS File Manager, Workload Simulator, APA, SCLM, Merge & Migration Tools etc...

TWS LTP refresh job runs too long

Postby maci84 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi all!
Can anyone have some suggestions about the topic?
I can provide some facts about the problem if any other details needed for the solution i can give it later.
Just to summarize it: I compare many server. The refresh job on 1 TWS controller are run much longer then compare to a twice or 3 times bigger TWS LTP when the LTP refresh job runs only some minutes.
What i did and investigated:
- I already cleaned up the older non completed applications,
- I try to compare the dataset generated in LTREPORT DD statement
- Try to analize the job logs to find any unwanted message
- Analized TWS message log dataset.

But at this point i dont find any usefull which can affect the run time this significant.
maci84

Re: TWS LTP refresh job runs too long

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:08 am

What does "runs too long" mean? If you're saying a job runs 2 or 3 minutes instead of 1 minute -- who cares?
Are you talking elapsed time or CPU time? For elapsed time, there are -- literally -- dozens to hundreds of potential factors that can impact elapsed time and hence there is very little reason to ever look at differences in elapsed time.
Have you verified that the TWS controller that runs longer does not, in fact, have 2 to 3 times as much data as the others?
Have you contacted the vendor for assistance? The vendor should be your primary source of information after the manuals.

Is this related to your other post "Analize (sic) the runing (sic) job"? If so, you should learn that you only need to post one time as most of the responders will see all the posts -- and one of the threads needs to be merged into the other. Also, making two grammatical mistakes in a 4-word topic title is probably going to hurt the chances of you getting ANY responses.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to Other IBM Tools