Merging 2 JCL members

Ask queries about other IBM Tools like Tivoli, COBTEST, Fault Analyzer, z/OS File Manager, Workload Simulator, APA, SCLM, Merge & Migration Tools etc...

Merging 2 JCL members

Postby JayMBee » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:18 am

I'm sure there's an easy answer to this but despite my fairly extensive mainframe knowledge, my mind's gone a blank and I can't think of a utility which will perform what I require.

Basically I have 2 very similar JCL members, the only difference between the 2 is that there are some Fileaid COPY commands in one member which are not on the other and visa-versa. What I want to do is to merge the 2 members to produce a 'combined' member. I don't think I can run a sort/merge because there's no sort fields to specify and I've also looked at IEBCOPY and Fileaid but can't see how they can be used. So if anyone can tell me the mainframe utility I can use to perform my required task then I would be grateful.
JayMBee

Re: Merging 2 JCL members

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:09 am

Hello,

Use an IEBGENER (or anything that will copy a sequential file) and concatenate the 2 members as input and create a new member as output. If any customization/correction is needed, edit the new member.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to Other IBM Tools