How to authorise and unauthorise viewing JESSPOOL.

Ask queries about other IBM Tools like Tivoli, COBTEST, Fault Analyzer, z/OS File Manager, Workload Simulator, APA, SCLM, Merge & Migration Tools etc...

How to authorise and unauthorise viewing JESSPOOL.

Postby Mehdi shri » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi friends
I want nobody can read or access my job from SDSF invironment(JES2) by specifing SJ biside jobname.
Or vise versa, I want to see my coworkers jobs but when I typing SJ beside their jobname this messages apear:

INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
FROM Z1MACHIN.USR%%.*.JOB* (G)
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )

What I must to do?
Which command I must use to giving access?
Which command I must use to blocking access of my SDSF job logs?
Mehdi shri

Re: How to authorise and unauthorise viewing JESSPOOL.

Postby NicC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:21 pm

I have moved your topic from TSO/ISPF as it has nothing to do with either. Just because you access something via TSO/ISPF does not mean it comes under the that heading.

Q: How do you know that they do not get the same when they try and access your output?
It is a bit unusual to restrict access like this but you are in a bank. OTH the banks I have worked in did not have this restriction.
In any event you would probably have to go to whichever group maintains security on the spool and get them to change it.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby Mehdi shri » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:19 pm

I'm work in a test department of company which produces and supports softwares for banks.
We have a test and train environment for simulating real situaction(Offcorse whitout real data). So I want to do thing that I posted only for test environment. How I can blocking access to my SDSF(job logs) for any users who are like me.
Mehdi shri

Postby NicC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Well, you have not answered my question. The recommended action is still the same - go see the relevant people in your organisation. If it is only testing with dummy data then there should not be a need to restrict access.

Presumably everyone has the security level as decided by your management. If you think the security level is not correct then you should discuss with your management and not just tinker with your own ID. How about the person who comes after you? Do you tell him all the things you have done so that he has to do it himself? Or do you get everything sorted so that a new person starts with an effective security policy already in place?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic

These users thanked the author NicC for the post:
Mehdi shri (Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 pm)
NicC
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 pm

The answer is that most likely, YOU cannot do anything to change access. This type of change requires access to system facilities that, typically, is not given to just anyone. So it is almost certain that you cannot make the change even if you knew the command(s) to enter. The ONLY way to achieve your goal is to talk to your site security group and have them make the appropriate change(s).

These users thanked the author Robert Sample for the post:
Mehdi shri (Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:40 pm)
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to Other IBM Tools