TWS and PRINTING GRAPH

Ask queries about other IBM Tools like Tivoli, COBTEST, Fault Analyzer, z/OS File Manager, Workload Simulator, APA, SCLM, Merge & Migration Tools etc...

TWS and PRINTING GRAPH

Postby samb01 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Hello,

i want to print in ADMGDF format an application whith its succesor.

I use graph and GDDM. But when i want to print i have this message :

==Save=========================================================================
Complete the appropriate fields, then select Save
ADM0320 E UNABLE TO OPEN 'ADMGDF'. FILE MISSING OR INVALID

Thank's for your help.
samb01

Re: TWS and PRINTING GRAPH

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:20 pm

we do not know Your environment so we cannot tell why the ADMGDF ddname caused the error reported
speak to Your support

or read Yourself the TWS and the GDDM manuals about the ddname 'ADMGDF'
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby samb01 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Hello,

i have read it, and i didn't found the answer. Its's why i post here.

I found this :

Graphically Displaying Lists

If you have Graphical Data Display Manager (GDDM) installed and have a terminal capable of displaying graphics, you can display lists of applications, occurrences, and operations graphically. Graphic displays contain the same information as edit or selection lists, only the format is different. On a graphically displayed list, you can see dependency connections that might be difficult to visualize from a conventional list. An entire network of applications can be represented.

To see a graphically displayed list, enter GRAPH at the command prompt of a panel on which graph is an option. The clarity of the graph depends on how much data GDDM is trying to present on your display terminal. For example, if you request a GRAPH of all operations in the current plan, you would probably see an attractive geometric design that resembles a bunch of grapes: there is simply too much data to present graphically on a standard workstation display terminal.

You can use the GDDM command to display the GDDM menu where you can choose the zoom and print functions. With GDDM Version 3, you can print a zoomed area. Before printing, change the colors so that you have a black-and-white image. It is often useful to save the graph in the ADMGDF format, which you can manipulate with other programs.

The attributes of a graphically displayed list can be customized. Enter ATTR at the command prompt from the graph panel. You can specify the color, shape, and line type for different items displayed in the graph. Press PF1 (HELP) for possible values for the attributes.

But i still have no answer about my problem.
samb01

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:45 pm

i have read it, and i didn't found the answer. Its's why i post here.

NO You did NOT ... :mrgreen:

ADMGDF is a required DDNAME for GDDM image processing

see for example GDDM.SADMSAM(ADMUPCFT)

that' s why I suggested to ...

or read Yourself the TWS and the GDDM manuals about the ddname 'ADMGDF'
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:48 pm

follow on
would it have been such a great trouble to look at the flucking message Yourself ??? :evil:

2.242 ADM0320 E

ADM0320 E UNABLE TO OPEN 'a'. FILE MISSING OR INVALID

Explanation: An error occurred during an attempt to open the GDDM file a. Possible causes are:
An attempt to open a read-only file for output.
The file organization was not consistent with that expected.
A ddname (defined in the current GDDM external defaults) was not assigned (under TSO); see the GDDM Base Application Programming Reference book.
The VSAM cluster was not defined correctly when running under VSE Batch.
The file was not closed correctly when running under VSE Batch-VSAM.
The file was not closed correctly when using GDDM-IMD (under TSO-VSAM).
The files required to use a personal computer system device have not been installed if this message occurs on a DSOPEN call for the personal computer system device.
| FRCETYPE=FSFRCE specified for a partitioned data set. It must be for
| a sequential file or a partitioned data set member.
System action: The file operation is not performed.

Programmer response: Correct the file definition, or issue VERIFY under TSO-VSAM, or install the files to run the personal computer system device, and run your application program again.

speak to Your support to fix Your setup
cheers
enrico
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Return to Other IBM Tools