TS Queues in SVC DUMP

Queries about Compuware’s Debugging Tools: Abend-AID for COBOL, PL/I, Assembler, CICS, DB2, IMS and IDMS

TS Queues in SVC DUMP

Postby littlechicken » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Dear COmpuware

how do I find the TS queues in a SVC dump please I have looked and searched and cannot find them.

Need to find a specific TS queue record in the dump to solve/confirm the storage vioaltion I have.
littlechicken

Re: TS Queues in SVC DUMP

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:31 am

Hello,

A storage violation is caused by an attempt to use storage that is not accessable.

Which would mean that it is not in the dump. You need to determine the problem instruction and then look in the dump for the address that is being referenced.

How would looking at TS queue data help solve this?
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby littlechicken » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:46 am

dick scherrer wrote:Hello,

A storage violation is caused by an attempt to use storage that is not accessable.

Which would mean that it is not in the dump. You need to determine the problem instruction and then look in the dump for the address that is being referenced.

How would looking at TS queue data help solve this?

hello I ain't stupid I wanted to find the TS queue to see the length of the queue record that was retrieved but I found it and it was not the cause of the storage violation so then I looked harder and found more things wrong. (yes there are many coding issues with this program).

However issue now is to find the working storage for the offending program in the Storage Vioaltion dump.

I have resolved MANY storage vioaltions and SVC dump not all of us with funny names are junior programmers or windows experts converting to Mainframe.

I have found the offending instructions now im trying to find the datafields so I can check table indexes etc so I can see why it occurred.

a 2K table managed to write over 27k of storage until I see the index value I have no clues as to what went wrong.
littlechicken

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:58 am

Hello,

hello I ain't stupid
Possibly not, but ignorant surely comes to mind. . .

Doesn't really matter which - a bad attitude is just a waste - so lose yours.

If you cannot find what you want quickly in the dump, you could add a bit of diagnostic code to isloate what is wrong.

a 2K table managed to write over 27k of storage until I see the index value I have no clues as to what went wrong.
Why was the code permitted to write past the end of the 2k table?
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to Abend-AID