Missing Cobol Library in Xpediter

Compuware's QA & Impact Analysis Tools: Xpediter/CICS , Xpediter/TSO, Xpediter/DB2, Xpediter/Xchange, Xpediter/IMS

Missing Cobol Library in Xpediter

Postby MFFLCrime » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi All,

I keep getting a Soc4 when I try to open a flat file as input in my Xpediter session. The file exists, and I'm able to access it with no issues when I run the same program in batch. I know I'm missing one of those COBOL loadlibs or a specific subroutine library. I have tried several but I have not been able to pinpoint which one it is. Do anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
MFFLCrime

Re: Missing Cobol Library in Xpediter

Postby Robert Sample » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Why do you think a system library is missing? Why could it not be that you just did not allocate the file in TSO before starting Xpediter?
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby NicC » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:34 am

Why do you think that anyone not in your organisation could possibly know anything about the set-up of Xpediter at your shop?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby MFFLCrime » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:38 pm

You got a point. I have and continue to ask around, however, the runtime libraries that I am referring to are standard for Xpediter setup, I've used Xpediter in other shops, I just don't remember the specific one I need and thought the forum would be able to help. Thanks anyway for your response.
MFFLCrime

Postby Robert Sample » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:14 am

Data set names are not standard -- every site has their own standard (even for system libraries -- one site migth use IGY.SIGYCOMP for the COBOL compiler whereas another uses IGY.V4R1M0.SIGYCOMP and another uses IGY.V410.SIGYCOMP). Hence, even if someone gave you the name of the library used at their site, there is little chance, if any, that the data set even exists at your site, much less resolves your problem. You asked the type of question that can only be answered by someone working AT YOUR SITE -- talk to your team leader, co-workers, or site support group for assistance.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Quasar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi,

Why don't you form a test Job-stream in your PDS, that contains just one-step - the program to be executed, along with all the necessary DD Cards. Then, supply it to Xpediter. Give me the failure screen-shot. Is it failing at the COBOL OPEN Statement?

Thanks,
Quasar
Quasar Chunawala,
Software Engineer, Lives at Borivali, Mumbai
Quasar

Postby Ed Goodman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:29 pm

We used to get this if our COMPILE jcl had a different version of the libraries than the RUN TIME jcl (or tso set up).

Check for that. You may just have an older compile set up and be shooting yourself in the foot.
Ed Goodman

Return to Xpediter