Mainframe System

Serena's Software Change Management utility:Changeman ZMF: Application change, upgrade control and LifeCycle Management

Mainframe System

Postby reebahs » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi !

Can a Mainframes System has more than one version control tools ? Can a mainframes be installed with Endever and ChangeMan ?

Thanks In advance.
reebahs

Re: Mainframe System

Postby Robert Sample » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Yes, but why would you want to do that? How would you know which program was is which system?
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby NicC » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:13 am

And why pay 2 licence fees when one will do?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby rajesh.ibm » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:59 pm

hi,
1)in the changeman in 1.4 for checkout option.....how we can take the data from production..i want code and procedure
2)i have a 3 files file1,file2,file3 and i want to increase the size of file 2 (ex..file2 pic x(60)i want to increase 20 that means pic x(80)) i want procedure..in changeman production
rajesh.ibm

Postby steve-myers » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Both Endevor and Changeman can be on the same system. Neither product controls the programs that run the system; this is done by an IBM program called SMP/E.

Your site management defines the procedures to run both Changeman and Endevor. I doubt that you could get a valid answer from this board.

Your second question is more complex. The usual meaning of "increase the size of file" is that you want to add more data at the end of the file. However, you add that you want to increase the size of individual records in the file. This is more complex. What you have to do is -
  • Make 100% certain that your management approves this change, and how you propose to implement the change.
  • Locate every program that uses file 2.
  • Update every program to use the new data definition.
  • Write a program to translate file 2 to the new format.
  • Build replacement file 2 data for every real occurance of the file.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby NicC » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Also, start a new topic for a new question as stated in the rules which you should have read before posting.

As for wanting code nd procedures - ~I do not think code is required and procedures are up to your site so ask colleagues. Also read the manual/ask colleagues about how to go about changing things in Changeman. Better yet, ask to go on their course to familiarise with how Changeman is used in your establishment.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Return to ChangeMan ZMF