Changeman or Endevor

Serena's Software Change Management utility:Changeman ZMF: Application change, upgrade control and LifeCycle Management

Changeman or Endevor

Postby sinmani » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi Folks,

I have used both Endevor and changemen. I would like to know which is considered better, Changeman or Endevor.

My Opinion.

Changeman is better than endevor but Its more expensive as well which could be a drawback. Others please list out pros and cons for both.
-----------------------------------------
As long as you think you are a student, you are doing well.
The day you consider yourself as the master of the game..........well
sinmani

Re: Changeman or Endevor

Postby Anuj Dhawan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:24 pm

It depends, what kind of shop you are at. I've my own opinion about it but suggest you get in contact with some representative of these products -- they will be the best source of information on this kind of information.
Anuj
Anuj Dhawan

Postby NicC » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:55 pm

It doesn't really matter - you use what you are given. And a lot of it is personal preference only. I used to think Endevor was pretty good and then I came across Changeman and I was convinced that Endevor was tops. That was a few years ago. Now I am back using Endevor and it seems so darned complicated compared with what I remember. Antway - I use what the company uses and my preferences do not come into it.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby sinmani » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Yes that right. We don't really have a choice and have to use whatever the company is using.

Same here NicC. I started with using endevor and thought it was very good. But then I switched to changeman and now I think that changeman is very useful escpecially if we want to use different version of same component.
and testing
-----------------------------------------
As long as you think you are a student, you are doing well.
The day you consider yourself as the master of the game..........well
sinmani

Return to ChangeMan ZMF