Adding jobs to TestCA7

Unicenter CA-7 Job Management: CA's workload automation tool for managing, visualizing, automating, optimizing applications

Adding jobs to TestCA7

Postby balacsv1 » Tue May 31, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi all,

My requirement is to add few jobs to testCA7 and schedule them to run daily based on certain dependencies.I added the jobs to CA7 using the command JOB,JOBNAME now

i)I want to set up dependcies for my job,need the command to do that.Some of them need to be time triggered and some based on jobs.

ii)Schedule few jobs to run daily and few monthly .

Thanks in Advance!
balacsv1

Re: Adding jobs to TestCA7

Postby Robert Sample » Tue May 31, 2016 4:55 pm

Have you tried reading the CA-7 manuals? There is a Primer along with detailed user's guide that tells you how to do what you want. This is a HELP forum, not a READ-THE-MANUAL-FOR-YOU forum.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Re: Adding jobs to TestCA7

Postby NicC » Tue May 31, 2016 4:59 pm

My requirement is to add few jobs to testCA7 and schedule them...

If you do not know how then go see your schedulers who will point you at the documentation within your organisation. This could be of two types: 1 - how to actually enter the information into CA7 and 2- the standards required by your organisation.

If they do not have the second - ask them. There is no way in Hades that we know your sorganisation's standars.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Return to CA-7