CA-7 and understanding access to the tool

Unicenter CA-7 Job Management: CA's workload automation tool for managing, visualizing, automating, optimizing applications

CA-7 and understanding access to the tool

Postby abrhamin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 am

I did some searching through the CA-7 system programmer's guide and looked through the reports guide as well, and thought I would post a question here. I'm trying to help a compliance team understand an audit finding they've received around access to the job scheduling tool, specifically that the team was unable to provide a report that shows the RACF IDs that have access to modify the production schedule. I don't see a report listed in the guide that might help the team here, I'm happy to do more reading on my own about it if anyone can suggest a good resource, or if the issue is perhaps less complex than it seems?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice,
abrhamin

Re: CA-7 and understanding access to the tool

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:47 am

I would look in the CA-7 Security Guide manual, which includes the RACF commands to define the resource classes for CA-7 and permit users to access CA-7 resources. With the PERMIT command description, your security group should be able to identify the users with that permission.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to CA-7