CA7 doubt help me guys

Unicenter CA-7 Job Management: CA's workload automation tool for managing, visualizing, automating, optimizing applications

CA7 doubt help me guys

Postby kchidambara2 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:35 pm

YESTERDAY THE SAME JOB SUBMITTED AT 9:30, I CHEKED ALL ASPECTS IN SYSTEM LOG, I COULDN’T FIND ANY POSSIBILITY.
Sure job was not wait for any initiator that time. Job come to ca7 by sscan mode so it’s not triggered by any jobs also there was no contention.
Guys please provide your input of possibilities of job ran late.

Thanks ,
karthick
kchidambara2

Re: CA7 doubt help me guys

Postby Robert Sample » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm not even sure you are asking a question in your post since it is basically incoherent and does not make any sense. Perhaps you could restate what you are saying and / or asking?

If you are saying that the job ran late today and did not run late yesterday, and assuming by "ran late" you mean the job took longer than it did yesterday, you need to be aware that there are MANY, MANY, MANY factor that affect the amount of elapsed time a job will take: number of other jobs in system, contention for the channel, contention for the disk volume, relative priority of the jobs in the system, Workload Manager settings, resources needed by your job, etc, etc, etc. I've seen the same job run in 5 minutes one day and over 5 hours another day -- with no changes at all to that job. The difference was that one day the job ran at a time when the system usage was low, whereas the other job ran during month end processing when the system was running at 100% utilization for 36 hours. This is not a CA-7 issue and typically there is little, if anything, that you can do about it -- the operators and system support personnel might be able to help, but in general if the system is that busy, your job will run longer, period.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to CA-7