Dependency on a dataset queque between job streams

Unicenter CA-7 Job Management: CA's workload automation tool for managing, visualizing, automating, optimizing applications

Dependency on a dataset queque between job streams

Postby eDavidson55 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:31 pm

I have one job stream running on demand creating datasets to be processed by another job-stream. The 2nd job stream is looking for a static dataset-name. The two job streams are supported by two completely different groups. I documented the general process.
-----
JS-An represents multiple versions of the job-stream
JS-An.JobStart is demanded and triggers a stream whose final job is JS-A.LastJob
JS-An.Done creates a datasets (DATA.VERSION.A2xxxxxx) where only the last qualifier changes.
JS-An.LastJob triggers BridgeJob (looking for dataset to process)
---------------------------
JS-B.Start triggers a stream whose final job is JS-B.LastJob
JS-B.Start reads in a static dataset name (DATA.VERSION.STATIC) (single threaded)
JS-B.LastJob triggers BridgeJob (looking for dataset to process)
----------------------------------
Bridge-Job
Process one instance of job-stream JS-B at a time. Copy, delete, and process datasets with high-level qualifiers “DATA.VERSION.*” one at a time.
------------------------
If I make the Bridge-Job dependent on JS-B.LastJob I see an issue with the look-back and am confused about how to address it
There will be multiple posts for JS-B.LastJob. Can I delete the posts? I see documentation on Next-Run. Does that somehow address this situation? Any other thoughts on how to handle this?
eDavidson55

Return to CA-7