SIR0-13 REQUIREMENT LIST SUPPRESSED FOR

Unicenter CA-7 Job Management: CA's workload automation tool for managing, visualizing, automating, optimizing applications

SIR0-13 REQUIREMENT LIST SUPPRESSED FOR

Postby gopalakrishna » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:39 pm

hi,

please help me in resolving this error..

i have 2 jobs A nad B..
B is scheduled to have a dependency on A.but when the job B is in the queue it is not showing dependency on A, in the log i have the message
SIR0-13 REQUIREMENT LIST SUPPRESSED FOR JOB..

any idea guys why this is happening ??
gopalakrishna

Re: SIR0-13 REQUIREMENT LIST SUPPRESSED FOR

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 pm

If your site is licensed for CA-7, you have access to the manuals. Is it really that hard for YOU to find the Messages manual and look up the message yourself? If you did, you would find
SIR0-13 REQUIREMENT LIST SUPPRESSED FOR JOB=xxxxxxxx(nnnn)

Reason: User has indicated that the requirement list for the specified job is to be suppressed. This may be set by job using the JOB panel. It may be globally set by using SSCAN,SCAN=ABR. Action: None. This is an informational message.
In other words, you -- or someone at your site -- has suppressed the requirements list.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby gopalakrishna » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Robert.

Thanks for the reply.

First I apologize for not saying that clearly I have read this error message and found the info u gave ,I also found tat it is happening because of SSCAN,ABR=NO,but wat is not clear is how can this be done for a particular job alone.. any command if u aware of ?

We had never done any change to this for past 4 months, this job is failing now. So just looking a solution for this .
gopalakrishna

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 pm

We had never done any change to this for past 4 months, this job is failing now.
So what? The CA-7 schedule scan has little to nothing to do with the fact that the job is failing -- that is due to something else entirely. For example, if your job uses a data set but does not always open it, and your site standard is for HSM to delete data sets not used in 4 months, it is very possible that your HSM delete got rid of a data set and caused a JCL error in the job -- again, NOTHING to do with CA-7.

Why have you not looked in the CA-7 Commands manual at the syntax for the SSCAN command and figured out -- on your own -- that you (or someone with authorization at your site) needs to enter SSCAN,SCAN=LNG to reverse the effects of the SSCAN,SCAN=ABR command? And SSCAN cannot be run on a job -- SCHEDULE SCAN means that all jobs are scheduled.

The real way to solve your problem is to find out, by looking at the job output, what the problem is -- but as long as you want to mess around with CA-7 instead of addressing the problem, do so as long as you want.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby gopalakrishna » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:38 pm

i understand the reason for the failure.
my basic question here can we undo the changes ?
earlier job was waiting for dependent job A to complte and start the execution,but now that is not the case,as soon as it comes to queue,requiremnt on A suppressed and is in execution this resulting in failure..

now my doubt /question is what can i do for the job B to wait untill A completes ?
gopalakrishna

Return to CA-7