Avoid field on a comparison with File Manager

All other tools like QACenter, Strobe, Endevor, Telon, APAS, Scheduler, Auditor, DATA-XPERT, CoolGen, Intertest, AdvantageGen, COBTEST etc.

Avoid field on a comparison with File Manager

Postby nico56 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:16 pm

Hello Folks,

Do you know if it is possible compare two files with the same template but avoiding a field? For example, suppose I have this file description:

NAME PIC X(50)
ADDRESS PIC X(50)
SYSDATE PIC X(6)
EMAIL PIC X(50)

I have two files which match with this FD. At the moment of comparison I want to avoid the field "SYSDATE" because I know there will be differences but I am not interesting on it. I was looking in FM.3.11 "Processing Options" "Edit template mapping" but I get nothing. I was looking too in the manual, but I didn't find anything about it. Maybe it's not possible...

Regards!
nico56

Re: Avoid field on a comparison with File Manager

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:45 pm

IBM says it's possible in https://www-01.ibm.com/software/awdtool ... lates.html
For many File Manager tasks, you can use templates. A template provides a logical view of a data set, based upon field definitions in a COBOL or PL/I copybook, or else created dynamically. If you use a template, you can:
Format data according to record structures defined in COBOL or PL/I copybooks, or dynamically define your own record structure
Select the fields and records that you want to work with, adjust how fields are displayed, select fields for copying, and set the contents of fields for created data
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Re: Avoid field on a comparison with File Manager

Postby nico56 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:04 pm

Yeah I saw that too but I didn't find the option :S. Maybe is not for comparison.
nico56

Return to All Other Tools