Query on formatting data by Sas or FTP

All other tools like QACenter, Strobe, Endevor, Telon, APAS, Scheduler, Auditor, DATA-XPERT, CoolGen, Intertest, AdvantageGen, COBTEST etc.

Query on formatting data by Sas or FTP

Postby krishnaraj6eee » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:54 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to create some reports and wants to Mail it.. I was able to do that.. But i want to do some formatting like making the headings bold and need some tables inbetween.. What tool i can use like SAS or FTP.. Since am an beginner I'm not sure where to start.. Simple push towards the right direction is welcome
krishnaraj6eee

Re: Query on formatting data by Sas or FTP

Postby NicC » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:12 am

Where are these reports to be viewed - on a mainframe terminal, a server terminal, a reort printed from the mainframe, a report printed from a windows/unix server/workstation?

FTP stands for File Transfer Program - it transfers files so it is not going to do any playing with your data except to translate it from EBCDIC to ASCII (or the other way around) if not transfering in Binary mode.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Did you use SMTP to send the email? If so, you need to be aware that SMTP does not support formatting -- it is plain text only. SAS can provide formatting through ODS but you should be aware that email formatting is under the control of the email client, NOT the email sender so you may want something in your formatted email that the client cannot provide. You may have to experiment to get emails that you like.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby krishnaraj6eee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:38 pm

Thanks Robert and NICC.. I'm using SAS to send emails. I'll try to test the ODS and post my results
krishnaraj6eee

Return to All Other Tools