Special Resource

All other tools like QACenter, Strobe, Endevor, Telon, APAS, Scheduler, Auditor, DATA-XPERT, CoolGen, Intertest, AdvantageGen, COBTEST etc.

Special Resource

Postby pucca71 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:50 am

Hi all !
I am getting started with OPC and what to know what is the utility of a Special resource ? Could anyone give some common uses of it ? and finally, what is the use of Special resources and NFTP, specially when the card has xPTJOBLB set up.

Thanks a lot to everyone !
Pucca.
Thank you so much.
Pucca.
pucca71

Re: Special Resource

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:01 am

Hello and welcome to the forum,

If you are just beginning to learn about scheduling, suggest you learn ALL of the basics first. Be careful of spending time on "solutions" that do not have a requirement. . .

Did you read something about about a "special resource" that was not clear? If there was something in the documentation that was not clear, post what you found and your doubt. Someone will be able to clarify.

A special resource is a way to define a custom enque mechanism. Many systems have been running for years without the need to do this. . .
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Re: Special Resource

Postby pucca71 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:16 am

Hi Dick and thanks for your quick response !
In fact, the concept itself is clear to me as an idea, what I couldn't find yet is the way to relate an application, or app component as a job, to a SR.
To be clearer, I have to create in OPC a SR (or ETT ? maybe I have the confusion here) that should trigger a net/application when a DS arrives via NFTP from a remote node.
The sender already updated his NFTP cards by specifying xPTJOBLB and xPTJOBOK parameters.

Dick, can you clarify this to me ?

Thanks a lot !
Pucca
Thank you so much.
Pucca.
pucca71

Return to All Other Tools