CA1 - batch active mode

All other tools like QACenter, Strobe, Endevor, Telon, APAS, Scheduler, Auditor, DATA-XPERT, CoolGen, Intertest, AdvantageGen, COBTEST etc.

CA1 - batch active mode

Postby Srini Srini » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Hello,

How can we check if CA1 is in "batch active" mode or "active" mode? What is the significance of the "Batch active" mode?

Thanks.
Srini Srini

Re: CA1 - batch active mode

Postby mongan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Take a look at the CA1 documentation on this. Batch active is usually used for maintenance purposes.
mongan

Postby Srini Srini » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Ok thanks. Could anyone else help me get the exact purpose of Batch active mode. I went through the CA1 manuals, but couldn't figure out how we can use CA1 in batch active mode.

Thanks.
Srini Srini

Postby mongan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Like I said, it is used for maintenance purposes. When you want to save or restore or do anything with the CA1 file (TMC) you do not want CA1 to be doing any traffic on tapes, thus batch active, only your batch maintenance jobs work with CA1. If you take a look in the documentation at any of the maintenance jobs you will see that the first step is to put CA1 in batch active mode, und afterwards it is normally started again.
mongan

Postby Bill Dennis » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:06 am

While in BATCH ACTIVE mode, you can interact with the TMC and AUDIT with batch jobs but no real-time tape activity is being tracked.
Regards,

Bill Dennis

Disclaimer: My comments on this forum are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity.
Bill Dennis

Return to All Other Tools