Endevor Copyback related issue

All other tools like QACenter, Strobe, Endevor, Telon, APAS, Scheduler, Auditor, DATA-XPERT, CoolGen, Intertest, AdvantageGen, COBTEST etc.

Endevor Copyback related issue

Postby migusd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:41 am

Hi All,
I don't know much about Endevor, but I am stuck with it.
I have a program A with changes in a copybook. Changes are sitting in Developement.
Same copybook it's getting used in Programs B and C with no need to change them. I am trying to just regenerate or recompile them.
So, I was told to use the Copyback function from Endevor...
that way Endevor would find the programs wherever they are starting in development, then the next environment, an on until reaching Production environment.

My question is should I use a JCLLIB/STEPLIB with all the libraries Endevor should look for the element? Or Endevor does find the way up the environment looking for the modules.
I was told Endevor would find the element using it's internal libraries... however, all I get is C1G0208W ELEMENT NOT FOUND FOR SYNTAX STATEMENT X2

my endevor cards are as follow:
STATEMENT X2
GENERATE ELEMENT 'PROGRAM B'
FROM ENVIRONMENT 'XXX' SYSTEM 'YYY' SUBSYSTEM 'ZZZ'
TYPE 'COBX' STAGE A
OPTIONS CCID 'NNN' COMMENTS 'TEST'
COPYBACK SEARCH.
END

The statements look fine, but still I am getting message
C1G0208W ELEMENT NOT FOUND FOR SYNTAX STATEMENT X2

So, is it that I should instruct Endevor where to look for the elements using JCLLIB/STEPLIB?
otherwise, how can I make Endevor find these programs (B and C)?

Thanks for your help

Miguel.
migusd

Re: Endevor Copyback related issue

Postby khasim18 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi,

You can search in Endeavor libraries in batch mode,Build SCL and then option 11 (list elements)
There you can give the path where to search and the copybook name and a batch job will be submitted and you can find the results in Spool with all the Program names that uses your copy book.
khasim18

Return to All Other Tools