FOOTPRINT MISMATCH in endevor package

All other tools like QACenter, Strobe, Endevor, Telon, APAS, Scheduler, Auditor, DATA-XPERT, CoolGen, Intertest, AdvantageGen, COBTEST etc.

FOOTPRINT MISMATCH in endevor package

Postby shanshar » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:32 am

Hi,

While casting teh package i found the below error footprint mismatch..

PKMR791I COMPONENT VALIDATION STARTED
FPVL001E INPUT COMPONENT VALIDATION ERROR HAS OCCURRED FOR
C1G0000I ELEMENT RCD001
PKMR801I OF ENV: RITEST SYS: CCA0 SUBSYS: A0 TYPE: MCOB STG: 2

FPVL003E FOOTPRINT MISMATCH FOR
C1G0000I INPUT COMPONENT RCTCBES
C1G0000I FROM DATA SET PC1A0.PDS.GRD1HK.RITESTB.CCA0.A0.MCPY
PKMR802I FP ENV: RITESTB SYS: CCA0 SUBSYS: A0 TYPE: MCPY STG: 2
PKMR805I FP DATE/TIME IN COMPONENT LIST : 15NOV11 23:09
PKMR807I GENERATE PROCESSOR DATE/TIME : 06OCT11 12:02
PKMR808I LAST PROCESSOR DATE/TIME : 17NOV11 12:26

The element RCD001 using the copybook RCTCBES which is present at RITEST not RITESTB..i dont know why its picking from RITESTB.

Do i need to cast the copybook first ans then program.Please help in this....
shanshar

Re: FOOTPRINT MISMATCH in endevor package

Postby kevingrimes » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:14 am

This is a normal Endevor component validation error and is common in a concurrent development environment. Basically, Endevor is notifying you that the copybook has changed since you compiled your program. The resolution depends on your specific situation. But the correct way to deal with this type of issue is to Generate (re-compile) your program and re-test the new load module since you will be including an updated copybook. However, if re-compiling and re-testing are out of the question, then you can turn off component validation when you cast the package or set it to warning mode (if that is allowed in your Endevor configuration). Skipping the component validation or ignoring the error messages does not take care of the underlying problem so this is not recommended and could lead to source-to-load integrity errors as you would actually be promoting a load module without the correct version of input components that was used to create the load module.

You should check with your Endevor Administrator for more information about Endevor component validation and the correct procedure for correcting these types of errors at your site.

Regards,
Kevin
kevingrimes

Return to All Other Tools