Line command macros in Endevor Quick Edit

All other tools like QACenter, Strobe, Endevor, Telon, APAS, Scheduler, Auditor, DATA-XPERT, CoolGen, Intertest, AdvantageGen, COBTEST etc.

Line command macros in Endevor Quick Edit

Postby steinef » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Hello all,

as you may (or may not) know since z/OS 1.13 it is no longer necessary to use the LMAC Load Module provided by Doug Nadel to use and create new line commands in the editor.

You just create a new EDIT line command table (Option 3.16), define in there the edit macros for the new line commands and then you define that line command table in Option 2 at the very bottom of the panel.

This works perfectly for the editor.

Now to my question:

As a Software Change Manager we use CA Endevor and we would like to use the line macros in Endevor Quick Edit as well. Unfortunately those are not available. So my question is:

Does anyone know where I have to define the line command table so Endevor is able to use it? I have already added a "ISPEXEC LIBDEF ISPTLIB" (because of course the EDIT line command table is in the ISPTLIB concatination) into the CLIST that starts Endevor, but this didn't help. So, any ideas?

Thank you so very much in advance for your help

PS: If my question shows a lack of basic knowledge, please be reminded that I am still very fresh meat to the whole mainframe world and a "holy sh** what a stupid idea"-discussion doesn't get me any further in my skills.
"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes"

Gandhi
steinef

Return to All Other Tools